Welcome to Stockport Centre for Independent Living
Stockport CIL is a part of Disability Stockport dedicated to providing support to those who wish to live independently.
An equal and inclusive society for local disabled people.
Promoting choice and supporting people to develop independence and wellbeing to have independence, choice and control over their lives and remove the barriers that exist within society.
- Being user-led
- Recognising and valuing the contribution of disabled people.
- Recognising and valuing the contribution of family and carers.
- Respecting the views and needs of disabled people (regardless of age or impairment).
- Being transparent in all dealings with disabled people, commissioners and staff.
- Supporting the right to have choice, control and independence for all disabled people.
- Acting in an ethical way.
- Acknowledging and appreciating equality and diversity.